|‘Through the window of science
we see the dawn of the Age of Enlightenment.’ —Maharishi
The following findings are a brief summary of the hundreds of scientific
papers, relevant to the field of agriculture, published in Scientific
Research on Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi
Programme: Collected Papers—Volumes 1–6 [over
5,000 pages; Volume 7 is in press]. More than 600 scientific studies,
conducted at over 250 independent research institutions in 33 countries,
objectively document the benefits of Maharishi’s Transcendental
Meditation and TM-Sidhi Programme, and prove their extraordinary value
to actualize the highest Vedic ideals of life, bringing fulfilment
to the individual and to all areas of society. (Refer
These studies are a record of the historic transformation of time,
from the scientific age to the Age of Enlightenment, brought about
by Maharishi’s teachings, which have opened the gates of enlightenment
for millions of people, leading to the establishment of an ideal quality
of life for the whole world—Heaven on Earth.
A Brief Summary of Results
An analysis of findings which demonstrate the ability of Maharishi’s Technologies
of Consciousness to unfold the creative potential—Vedic Consciousness—of
the farmer and the whole of Nature. The farmer experiencing Vedic Consciousness
is able to enliven the full value of Natural Law in himself and his environment,
because Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi Programme nourishes
life from the Transcendental Field and enriches and promotes all of Nature’s
[The numbers within parentheses after each
finding refer to the numbers of the
original research studies as printed in the six volumes of the Collected Papers.]
Growth of Higher States of Consciousness—
the Foundation of Vedic
- Experience of Pure Consciousness during the Practice of Maharishi’s
Transcendental Meditation Technique (Vol.
1: 2, 7, 8, 21, 99–102; Vol. 3: 197, 205, 213, 216, 218, 258)
- More Frequent Experiences of Higher States of Consciousness (Vol.
- Increased Self-Actualization: Increased Integration, Unity, and
Wholeness of Personality (Vol. 1: 64, 67,
69, 70, 72, 74, 76, 78, 94; Vol. 2: 139, 144, 151, 153, 155; Vol.
3: 239; Vol. 5: 395)
- Greater Ability to Bring the Inner Self to Healthy Expression (Vol.
- Increased Inner-Directedness: Greater Independence and Self-Supportiveness (Vol.
1: 64, 69, 70, 72, 76, 94; Vol. 2: 139, 151, 153, 155; Vol. 3:
- Greater Inner Locus of Control (Vol. 1:
69; Vol. 4: 314)
- Enhanced Inner Well-Being (Vol. 2: 125,
147; Vol. 4: 310; Vol. 5: 395)
- Greater Inner Calm and Tranquillity (Vol.
1: 65, 73, 77; Vol. 2: 150; Vol. 4: 308, 316)
- Greater Optimism (Vol. 2: 138)
- Increased Intrinsic Spirituality (Vol. 5:
- Greater Satisfaction with One’s Moral Worth and with One’s
Relationship to God and Religion (Vol. 2:
- Increased Ability to Connect Past, Present, and Future Meaningfully (Vol.
1: 69, 70, 76, 94; Vol. 2: 151, 153, 155)
Increased Freedom from Stress
- More Effective Interaction with the Environment: Improved Resistance
to Stress (Vol. 1: 25–28; Vol. 2: 123;
Vol. 5: 370)
- Maintenance of a Relaxed Style of Physiological Functioning outside
of the Practice of Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation Technique (Vol.
1: 6, 18, 30; Vol. 3: 197; Vol. 5: 356, 358, 359)
- Greater Physiological Calmness during Task Performance (Vol.
2: 122; Vol. 5: 372, 399)
INCREASED EFFICIENCY FOR THE
FARMER AND FARM MANAGEMENT
- Increased Productivity (Vol. 1: 96, 97;
Vol. 5: 399)
- Greater Ability to Achieve More with Less Effort (Vol.
- Increased Effectiveness (Vol. 1: 65; Vol.
2: 161; Vol. 3: 277)
- Improved Work Performance (Vol. 1: 96, 97;
Vol. 2: 161; Vol. 5: 399)
- Fewer Accidents (Vol. 3: 239)
Increased Organizational Ability
- Greater Organizational Ability (Vol. 2:
- Greater Ability to Assign Correct Priorities (Vol.
- Increased Leadership Ability and Boldness (Vol.
1: 73; Vol. 2: 153)
- Decreased Number of Serious Problems Experienced (Vol.
- Increased Morale, Facilitative Leadership, and Increased Influence
in Decision-Making (Vol. 5: 388)
Increased Energy and Dynamism
- Increased Energy and Enthusiasm (Vol. 4:
316; Vol. 5: 399)
- Increased Vigour (Vol. 1: 65, 77; Vol. 3:
- Greater Physical Well-Being (Vol. 4: 308)
Increased Clarity of Thinking and Perception
- Increased Field Independence, Indicating Broader Comprehension
and Improved Ability to Focus Attention (Vol.
1: 51, 52, 103; Vol. 3: 255, 257, 259; Vol. 4: 307; Vol. 5: 384,
- Increased Mental Clarity and Wakefulness (Vol.
- Improved Problem-Solving Ability (Vol. 1:
Increased Intelligence and Creativity
- Enhanced Creativity (Vol. 1: 62, 63, 103;
Vol. 2: 150; Vol. 3: 257, 260; Vol. 4: 294, 304, 305; Vol. 5: 392,
- Increased Resourcefulness (Vol. 2: 150,
- Increased Innovation (Vol. 1: 62)
Improved Mind-Body Coordination
- Correlations Found between Experiences of Higher States of Consciousness
and Superior Performance on Tests Measuring Perceptual Speed, Flexibility,
Creativity, Intelligence, Field Independence, and Psychomotor Speed
in Subjects Practising Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation
and TM-Sidhi Programme (Vol. 3: 258)
Improved Physical Fitness
- Improved Mind-Body Coordination (Vol. 1:
53; Vol. 2: 130)
- Increased Agility (Vol. 1: 53; Vol. 2: 130)
- Improved Standing Broad Jump (Vol. 1: 53;
Vol. 2: 130)
Growth of Perfect Health
- Lower Health Insurance Utilization Rates: Significantly Fewer Hospital
In-Patient Days; Fewer Outpatient Visits; Fewer In-Patient Admissions
for All Major Categories of Disease (Vol.
- Improved Health of the Immune System: Increased Resistance to Disease (Vol.
1: 2, 39; Vol. 3: 237–239; Vol. 5: 378, 379)
- Improved General Health (Vol. 1: 2, 40–42,
44, 95; Vol. 2: 125–127, 150, 153, 157, 160; Vol. 3: 232,
238, 239, 241, 243, 247, 278, 280, 290; Vol. 4: 300, 314; Vol.
5: 377–380, 399)
Reversal of the Ageing Process
- Benefits for the Elderly Demonstrating Reversal of Ageing: Increased
Longevity; Increased Cognitive Flexibility; Increased Learning Ability;
Improvements in Self-Reported Measures of Behavioural Flexibility
and Ageing; Improved Mental Health; Reduction of Blood Pressure to
More Ideal Levels; Feeling Better and More Relaxed after Practice
of the Transcendental Meditation Technique (Vol.
4: 300; Vol. 5: 380)
- Younger Biological Age Compared with Population Norms (Vol.
3: 242, 245, 246)
- Multiple Improvements in Factors Most Closely Associated with Longevity:
Cardiovascular Health, Work Satisfaction, Positive Health Habits,
Physical Function, Happiness Rating, Self-Health Rating, Intelligence,
and Mental Health (Please refer to appropriate findings throughout
Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.)
Increased Work Satisfaction
- Increased Job Satisfaction (Vol. 1: 96,
97; Vol. 5: 399)
- Reduced Job Worry and Tension (Vol. 5: 399)
- Improved Relationships at Work and Improved Personal Relationships (Vol.
- Improved Relations with Co-Workers (Vol.
1: 96, 97)
- Improved Relations with Supervisors (Vol.
1: 96, 97)
INCREASED BALANCE IN NATURE
THROUGH THE MAHARISHI EFFECT—
THE FOUNDATION OF ABUNDANCE IN AGRICULTURE
The following research findings demonstrate that one per cent of a
population practising Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation Technique
or the square root of one per cent collectively practising the TM-Sidhi
Programme produces a powerful influence of coherence that neutralizes
stress in collective consciousness. Coherent collective consciousness
is a crucial condition for promoting balance in nature.
Increased Creativity and Decreased Stress in Collective
Consciousness, the Basis of Increased Balance in Nature
- Increased Confidence, Optimism, and Economic Prosperity: Improvement
in Economic Indicators (Vol. 4: 323, USA,
1979; 329, Washington, DC, USA, 1981–1983; 330, United Kingdom,
1982–1983; 333, Israel, 1983; 335, Lebanon, 1984; 336, Worldwide,
1983–1984; 337, Worldwide, 1983–1984; Vol. 5: 411, Worldwide,
- Increased Creativity as Measured by Increased Patent Applications (Vol.
4: 337, USA, Australia, South Africa, and United Kingdom, 1983–1984)
- Improved Quality of National Life as Measured by an Index Including
Gross National Product per Capita, Patent Application Rate, Rate
of Infectious Diseases, Infant Mortality Rate, Suicide Rate, Divorce
Rate, Traffic Fatality Rate, Crime Rate, Cigarette Consumption Rate,
Alcohol Consumption Rate, Percentage of Civil Cases Reaching Trial,
and Degrees Conferred per Capita (Vol. 4:
332, USA, 1976–1983)
- Improved Quality of National Life as Measured by an Index Comprising
Data on Crime, the National Stock Market, and National Mood (Vol.
4: 333, Israel, 1983)
- Decreased Number of Fires (Vol. 4: 333,
Jerusalem, Israel, 1983)
- Increased Harmony in International Affairs (Vol.
4: 322, Worldwide, 1978; 337, Worldwide, 1983–1984; Vol.
5: 409, USA–USSR, 1985–1987; 411, Worldwide, 1983–1985)
- More Positive, Progressive Statements and Actions of Heads of State
and Greater National and International Support for Their Policies
and Leadership (Vol. 4: 337, Worldwide, 1983–1984;
Vol. 5: 409, USA, 1985–1987)
- Increased Positivity in National Mood (Vol.
4: 333, Israel, 1983)
- Improved Quality of City Life as Measured by an Index Comprising
Data on Fires, Automobile Accidents, and Crime (Vol.
4: 333, Jerusalem, Israel, 1983)
|Individuals who learnt
Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation Programme showed
increased creativity, in comparison to controls as measured by
a higher level of pictorial originality when measured after five
months of practice. They also showed increased creativity as
measured by higher levels of pictorial flexibility and verbal
fluency (not charted). Reference: The
Journal of Creative Behavior 13: 169–180, 1979.
|This study found that many experiences of Transcendental
Consciousness were associated with periods of natural respiratory
suspension; and that during these respiratory suspension periods,
individuals displayed higher mean EEG coherence over all frequencies
and brain areas, in contrast to control periods where subjects
voluntarily held their breath. Reference: Psychosomatic
Medicine 46: 267–276, 1984.
|Statistical meta-analysis of all available research
(42 independent study results) indicated that practice of Maharishi’s
Transcendental Meditation Programme increased self-actualization
by about three times as much as procedures of contemplation, concentration,
or other techniques. Reference: Journal
of Social Behavior and Personality 6: 189–248, 1991.
|Managers who learnt the Transcendental Meditation
Programme, in contrast to matched controls, increased significantly
on a standardized self-report measure of mental health during a
three-month study. Reference: Dissertation
Abstracts International 57(6): 4068B, 1996.
|Employees who learnt Maharishi’s Transcendental
Meditation Programme showed improved relationships with their co-workers,
in comparison to control subjects. Reference: Academy
of Management Journal 17: 362–368, 1974.
|An analysis of five years of medical insurance
data found that the significant reduction in hospitalization among
participants in the Transcendental Meditation Programme, in comparison
to other insured persons, was even more dramatic among participants
who were older. Reference: Psychosomatic
Medicine 49: 493–507,
Maharishi spoke the following words over forty years ago. The truth
of these words is reflected for all times in the vast body of scientific
research conducted on Maharishi’s Vedic Science and Technology
‘Generation after generation man is born anew. Each generation
gives rise to new aspirations in life and brings a new quest for fulfilment.
Each man needs sound physical and mental health, greater ability in
action, a greater capacity to think clearly, increased efficiency in
work, and more loving and rewarding relationships with others. He needs
enough vitality and intelligence to satisfy the desires of his mind
and bring contentment to his life. We have seen that all this can be
gained through the regular practice of Transcendental Meditation.
‘. . . A new humanity will be born, fuller in conception
and richer in experience and accomplishments in all fields. Joy of
life will belong to every man, love will dominate human society,
truth and virtue will reign in the world, peace on earth will be
permanent, and all will live in fulfilment in fullness of life in
Science of Being and Art of Living—Transcendental Meditation
Links to related websites:
Maharishi Vedic Organic Agriculture: www.mvoa.com
Maharishi Vedic Organic Agriculture Institute: www.mvoai.org
Maharishi Vedic Honey: www.maharishihoney.com
Maharishi Vedic City—Agriculture: www.maharishivediccity.net/agriculture
Also visit: www.TruthAboutTm.org
Institute of Science, Technology, and Public Policy—Genetic Engineering: